coeliac christmas, coeliac gifts, coeliac presents, gluten free christmas, gluten free christmas gifts, gluten free christmas presents, gluten free cook books christmas, gluten free cookery courses, gluten free hampers
Missing out on the usual foodie gift at Christmas is no longer the case if you are gluten free. Here are some things that I think would make wonderful gluten free Christmas gifts… (Hint, hint). What’s on your wish list?
Cookery Courses – Fancy improving your baking skills? Want to try your hand at making fresh gluten free pasta? Well there is a growing range of gluten free cookery courses across the country, some of whom offer gift vouchers. Get your hands dirty…
- Adriana – Gluten Free Cooking for Kids (and adults!) Hands on courses taking place at The Waitrose Cookery School in London and Miele Cookery School in Oxfordshire. Also running the fantastic Italian cookery (oh so glunten-ey) at Cafe Caldesi which I can personally recommend. Adriana is an incredibly knowledgable, passionate and skilled chef. You are guaranteed to learn a lot!
- Gluten Free Baking and Living – Running small hands on classes in London, The Wirral, Sussex and Harrogat. Book either an intro to GF baking or more specific workshops on pastry or bread. I’m booking in for next year after tasting those baguettes!
- Ballymaloe Cookery School – Graduate of the school herself, Rosemary Kearney leads a half day course a couple of times a year in the Irish country house setting. Perfect for a weekend away…
- River Cottage – Nutritionist Naomi Devlin runs a introductory and advanced 1 day cookery course delving deep into the all varieties of gluten free cooking. Practical sessions alongside demos and Q&A session make for a rich day in the Devon countryside, and also include a ride on the tractor!
- Percy’s Country Hotel & Restaurant – This super coeliac friendly hotel and restaurant offers a true treat for anyone on a special diet! Offering mail order puddings, cookery demo’s or just a simple indulgent weekend away without a worry about food. Take a look for just a taste of what is on offer…
Hampers – Christmas is synonymous with a wicker hamper stuffed with seasonal treats and gourmet ingredients. However I have never come across a gluten free one… Until this year. I would love to receive one of these…. Hint hint
- Freego Foods – After searching the world for the best products, the team has brought together their favourite finds for a truly indulgent Christmas feast for just £39.99. Find mince pies, puddings, chocolate and biscuits galore, but if you have your eye on other treats, you can create your own!
- Primrose Kitchen – For a healthier hamper of goodness, why not order the Eco Hamper from Primrose who makes natural food products following the naturopathic principles to perk up breakfast in the new year? For just £25 +P&P you get three amazing nut butters, and two of the award winning muesli’s. I loved the raw beetroot and ginger muesli… not a dusty spoonful in sight and so full of goodness.
- The Norfolk GF Company – Those lucky to live in Norfolk or Suffolk can order a hamper from this GF shop in Norwich. Packed with the best, small, independent food producers including cakes from the Intolerant Gourmet, the range from Baked to Taste, you can design your own hamper to include exactly what you, I mean your GF friend would love.
- The Gluten Free Shop – The home of gluten free beers and a vast range of gluten free food, I think the most innovative gift is a mixed case of gluten free beers from the widest selection available. Gift vouchers, baking hampers, sweet advent calendars, Christmas dinner box also available.
- Honeybuns – A real baking treat with such indulgent bakes, and innovative use of flours. Read the review here.
- A Modern Way to Eat – Anna Jones – A great gift for anyone that is vegetarian, meat reducing, or dairy free too. Such an innovative book, making free from so much more appealing! Read my rave review here.
- River Cottage Light & Easy – Another great addition to the River Cottage book collection bringing free from into mainstream publishing. Read my review and get a recipe here.
- Gluten Free Gathering Gift Voucher – Give the gift of safe eating out with fellow gluten free people in London’s most GF friendly restaurants. Help loved ones find their tribe. Buy a £20 voucher via emailing me direct (email@example.com) *excuse the personal plug!*
- ‘Keep Me Gluten Free’ Board and Spoon – Sean over at Live Gluten Free has developed a range of things to make staying GF in the home easier. I particularly love the chopping board and spoon. What a perfect gift for coeliacs only £18.
- Magazine Subscription – Choose from 101 Gluten Free Recipes, Eating and Living Gluten Free for year round gluten free cooking inspiration.
- Bread maker – If you miss the smell of freshly baked bread, and want the ease of a breadmaker, then check out the newly launched Zero Gluten Baker for GF bread making. I can’t say I have used it, but what an awesome present. Alternatively why not try a machine with a GF setting, such as this highly recommended one from Panasonic.
Have a happy, gluten free Christmas! I hope you get all you wish for, and have a happy healthy new year.